- Rehost or commonly known as “lift and shift”, in a nutshell is a forklift approach to migrating applications to cloud. In this approach, there will not be any modification in application code. The virtual machine is copied as is directly to the cloud platform.
- This method is often employed where the migration process has to be quick, and scalability demand has to be met. The “Lift and Shift” approach don’t generally benefit from the cloud native features like scalability as the application is not designed with a cloud native approach. Rehosting is the fastest approach for migration.
- Identifying the resource utilization and application dependencies have significant impact on the migration activity. There are tools both third-party as well as vendor provided that can be used to map the on-premise infrastructure to cloud including application dependencies. Tools that we use to do the mapping and migration includes Cloudscape, TSO logic, CloudEndure etc.
- Replatform or ‘lift, tinker and shift’ makes use of slight customizations in the application components to achieve some benefits of cloud computing like autoscaling or using a managed database etc. without making any change to the core application architecture.
- Re-platforming is slightly time consuming compared to Rehosting, but this helps your application to leverage basic cloud functionalities and cost optimization without spending too much time in application rearchitecting.
- With open-source movement gaining traction, strong community support alternatives are available which can be used instead of licensed products. Moving toan open source alternative ensure that the customer is not locked to any specific technologies or licensing models and can freely plan activities according to change in business priorities. E.g. We help in seamlessly transitioning from RHEL to CentOS, where the latter is an open source Linux distribution. Similarly, apache can be used instead WebLogic as an alternative.
- Refactoring involves rearchitecting and also making code level changes on existing application to leverage the advantages of cloud-native frameworks and functionalities.
- Organizations have to rearchitect the applications to take full advantage of cloud native features. This is the most time-consuming approach in migration but offers the maximum operational cost savings.
- Our development team hascapability in rearchitecting your application or parts of the application code to fit into cloud-native frameworks to achieve maximum scalability, efficiency and cost saving. Technology that we support includes Node.js, Java, Python and shell scripting.
- Repurchase or “drop and shop” is about purchasing new products or feature set to the existing application environment. For the workloads that can be easily upgraded to newer versions or feature sets can be added without much architectural changes can make use of this strategy. Repurchase offer smoother implementation as the organization is willing to upgrade or add more feature as required.
- We help our customers in choosing the right technology that suits the business needs, and make sure that right vendor management approach is in place for a seamless migration experience. This will be part of consulting engagement.
- Understanding the resources that needs to be moved to cloud or not is very important step in migration. In this approach have to identifying the IT assets that are no longer useful and focus more on the resources that are being used.
- As part of our consulting engagements we help customers in identifying the IT assets that are not useful or cannot be migrated to cloud.
- Certain applications or part of application may not be ready to be moved into cloud. In this approach, application that are not ready or that are low priority to be moved to cloud will be kept in the data center itself and rest of the workloads will be moved to cloud.
- As part of our consulting engagements we help customers in identifying the IT assets that are not ready to be moved to cloud or that has to be kept in datacenter itself.
Designing the right architecture is core for every deployment. Our team of certified architects make sure the designs are as per security best practices, cost effective and automation driven. Our areas of expertise includes,
For any workload, getting the architecture right is half the job done. A good architecture ensures performance, scalability, reliability and availability. A well-designed application architecture will meet the business goals and also ensure that you do not have to overprovision infrastructure. Choosing the right kind of database (relational, NoSQL) and storage types (block, object, network file system) will ensure that applications are responsive and flexible for future needs.
In our application architecture services, we cover
- Data Flow and Storage design
- Data Security design.
Cloud gives great flexibility in deploying solutions quickly, but with a well thought out architecture, you can ensure that your application is running securely, and is accessed only by authorized and legitimate users. A good architecture ensures that there is no un-authorized access to systems and sensitive information. Cloud providers follow the principle of shared responsibility, and with cloud platforms, it is important to follow the principle of least privilege to ensure that users have just enough privileges to carry out their activities while ensuring that wider access is restricted. Depending on the regulatory framework and business requirements, we can build multi-account architectures to minimize the blast radius. Minor aspects such as the right Network Access Control Lists Role based access control, periodic reviews of IAM privileges, all go a long way in ensuring a secure setup.
IT teams in Large Enterprises today have a myriad of network architectures in their on-premise networks. Advancements such as Software Defined Networking have greatly simplified the approach towards network architecture in datacenters. We can help you extend your datacenters to the cloud, supporting complete network migrations, hybrid architectures. Our network architecting services help our customers translate the same onto cloud platforms with the right kind of VPC/VNet architecture, Network ACLs with fine grained access controls. We have extensive experience in designing multi VPC architectures to logically isolate different environments (production/development/ test). This helps in compliance requirements and inter-environment traffic can be controlled.
Serverless is a cloud computing model where the cloud provider dynamically manages the allocation and provisioning of resources. With serverless architecture, you focus completely on the individual functions in your application code than worrying about the infrastructure where the application is hosted. Microservices architecture has to be designed for the application as a collection of loosely coupled individually scalable services that focused on single functional modules. Adopting microservices architecture for your application can really help in improving the scalability, performance and cost efficiency.
With a rich experience in cloud-native development and automation, our team helps in designing, building and deploying highly scalable cloud-native microservices based architecture for our clients.
Some of the advantages of DevOps are
Centralized Log Management
Log management becomes a complex task especially when your infrastructure is huge. Centralized log management approach helps in consolidating all the log data and push them into a centrally accessible location. We have expertise in designing log management solution using popular open-source data processing pipelines like Logstash, Fluentd etc.
Manual deployment always has high chances of human errors. Infrastructure as a code gives the flexibility in terms of faster deployment speed, easy modifications and complete roll-back in case of errors. We have expertise in popular infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Ansible etc.
Maintaining backup of data is critical for every organization. In cloud, there are natively many options available for backing up your data. We have expertise in designing and deploying custom workflows for data backup based on your business needs.
CI CD pipelines is the backbone of every modern DevOps environments. It manages the smooth transition between the development and operations by automating build, test and deployment of the application. We have expertise in building automated pipelines using popular tools like Jenkins, GoCD etc.
We have expertise in testing the following
- Blackbox testing
- Canary based continuous testing
- Selenium based automated testing
In addition to the consulting engagements we help customers with DevOps deployment using infrastructure automation tools like Ansible and Terraform.
Our skillset in backend development includes the following languages/frameworks
Our skillset in front-end development includes the following languages/frameworks
Cloud Reports is an in-house open-source tool written in Node.js that is created with an idea of helping organizations to achieve cloud best practices with much less effort. Cloud Reports is a set of coded best practices that collects information from cloud resources and analyses them against cloud best practices. Scan reports are available in following formats namely JSON, HTML and PDF.
Organizations can easily identify the vulnerabilities by generating a report in any of the available formats.
We also do manual assessment where our certified architects will review the deployment to identify security vulnerabilities, possibilities for automation and cost optimization aspects.